ABOUT THE COMPANY
This employer seeks to advance Canada's energy industry and economy while reducing society's environmental impact. They are headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, with locally-operated offices in Calgary, and Kamloops.
The CEO was recognized by Edify Magazine in 2022’s Top 40 under 40 for not only being career oriented but also being heavily engaged in the community, and “taking solar power into his own hands”.
The focus of the business is on the design and installation of residential and commercial solar projects, energy storage, Tesla Powerwall installation, electric vehicle (EV) Chargers, off-grid solar, as well as general electrical services. The company also provides power systems to local non-profits to give back to the community.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Interpret engineered drawings
- Install solar modules on roofs/structures
- Interconnect electrical wires and devices
- General labor
- Improve procedures and practices through critical thinking and problem-solving
- Residential service upgrades
- Drive class 5 vehicles
- Other duties as required
- Extremely hard working
- Willing to take on new challenges
- Able to execute high-quality work in all-weather environments
- Passionate about solar power and sustainability
- Desire to learn and improve oneself
- Conduct themselves with integrity, accountability, and a curious determination
What you must have:
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions, on roofs, in restricted spaces, and be able to lift 50 lbs in awkward positions with proper safe work procedures in place.
- Be familiar with the use of hand and power tools
- Mechanical aptitude with the manual dexterity to complete complex tasks
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with clean a driver’s abstract
- CSTS and Fall Protection
- Proven safe work record and clean drivers abstract
What would be nice for you to have?
- Residential construction/trades experience
- Alternative Energy Technology Diploma (or Working towards)
- Indentured as an Apprentice Electrician
- Experience working at heights, on roofs, and with ladders
- Solar PV experience (in-class or hands-on)
- Experience working on small teams
Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job ID 17 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program