Canada has committed to reaching net-zero emissions by 2050. To accomplish this goal, both businesses and workers need resources to successfully adapt to the emerging renewable energy economy.
This is why Iron and Earth has created the Net-Zero Pathways Program. The program has two major goals:
1. Provide Indigenous Peoples, fossil fuel, and other workers and their communities with access to training, upskilling, and internship opportunities in the renewable energy job sector.
2. Connect renewable energy employers with motivated workers to fill labour shortage gaps and expand business operating capabilities across Canada.
BUILDING COMMUNITIES’ FUTURES
At Iron & Earth, we strive to empower workers to build and implement climate solutions. Doing so will allow Canada to create environmentally sustainable and socially prosperous communities.
Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) enables self-identified and engaged Indigenous Peoples, fossil fuel workers, and their communities, to diversify their skills into a net-zero career. NZP programming provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and paid on the job training.
Employers host NZP participants over six-weeks of on-the-job training with wage subsidies paid directly to the employer, as well as wrap-around support and PPE. Participants will also have the support of Case Managers who will continuously engage with both them and their employer to encourage and support a fulfilling working relationship.
Finally, NZP participants will have access to mentors and coaches, as well as other resources to help guide them as they move into their new careers, fully supported for success.
Are you a fossil fuel, Indigenous, or skilled worker, and/or a member of an underserved community? Learn about renewable jobs as you get paid!
- Employability Skills Training
- Hands-on learning
- Offset travel costs
- Financial support
- Career assistance
- Connection to employers
Is your business in renewable energy and/or retrofitting? Are you currently working towards achieving net zero and looking for candidates to help you reach your global climate targets? We can help!
- Financial Incentives
- Wage subsidies for up to 37.5 hours per week during a 6-week period.
- Offsetting onboarding and administrative expenses.
- Provide you with pre-screened candidates who share your vision of a sustainable future.
- Offer candidate Employability Skills Training and employer-based training (e.g. WHMIS)
Iron & Earth’s success and significant growth over the past few years is driven by our team’s widespread relationships and partnerships with other NGOs, Indigenous communities, government agencies, academic institutions, industry experts, passionate individuals and progressive funders. We recognize that by working together, we can achieve so much more than if we do it alone.
Is your organization interested in partnering with the NZP Program to bring your network employment and funding opportunities?
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.