ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
This employer specializes in residential & commercial solar array installations in Southern Alberta.
Installations are completed with turnkey solutions and ongoing technical support to ensure that customers’ energy goals are being met. The company also supplies solar kits and a variety of high-quality PV products for do-it-yourself customers.
They believe that distributed energy production, independence and affordability is a key step to an equitable and environmentally-sustainable future. Solar power isn’t just about keeping the lights on while reducing your monthly energy bills. It is about investing in systems change.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Installing photovoltaic (PV) systems in residential and commercial settings, including roof top systems and stand alone systems.
- Installing solar modules, inverters, electrical equipment, and other solar instruments.
- Connecting electrical components such as inverters, batteries, and combiner boxes, CDP's, and transformers to ensure that they operate as designed.
- Meeting with clients to discuss project goals and requirements
- Installing electrical wiring and equipment, such as transformers and switchgear, to support solar power systems.
- Installing and maintaining solar power generation equipment, such as photovoltaic panels, racking systems etc.
- Installing batteries, battery boxes, and other battery components for solar power systems.
- Minor roof repairs & alterations.
- Good teammates.
- Employees with attention to detail.
- People who are looking for a company they can grow with.
Calgary & area
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on training. We will assist in placing you in paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should fill out the Participant Registration Form as well as send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected].
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Workforce Sectoral Solutions Program