ABOUT THE COMPANY
This company is a reputable DIY solar power store which offers resources, such as training materials, guides and calculators to help everyone learn about the uses of solar in the simplest way possible.
Its primary objective is to make solar power more accessible by providing affordable and quality solutions and to continuously innovate within the solar industry to provide users with creative solutions to everyday problems.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking to hire a full-time Warehouse Staff. They are seeking motivated and reliable warehouse staff members to join the team on a part-time basis. As a Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the warehouse, including receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, and managing inventory.
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (unload, label, store)
- Pick and fill orders from stock
- Pack and ship orders in an accurate and timely manner
- Organize warehouse space and maintain cleanliness
- Maintain accurate inventory counts
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment, including forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including safety regulations
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager
- Sorting and labeling inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work the contract hours of 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (Monday to Friday)
- Must be able to perform physical tasks, including lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must have good communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment, including pallet jacks and strappers.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
HOW TO APPLY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on on the Job Training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.