ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. They value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Their vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a full-time Solar Journeyperson Electrician Labourer for the Saddlebrook project located near Aldersyde, AB. Once complete, the Saddlebrook Solar Project will have the capacity to generate 81 megawatts, enough energy to power 20,000 homes annually!
They welcome all candidates who are well-rounded, hardworking, and perhaps interested in a future in the solar, electrical, or construction industry. The company provides on and off-site training and indenture opportunities. Project-based work expected to be completed late 2023 or early 2024.
This position is located in Okotoks, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta.
- Ensure crew and job site safety
- Management of labour crews
- Distributing material throughout the site
- Ensuring a safe, organized and clean work site
- Receiving, tracking, loading and unloading materials and supplies
- Wire management
- Terminating inverters and combiners
- Using testing equipment and filling out reports
- Working with cable and installing PVC pipe
- Working with power tools
- Heavy lifting
- General labour requirements as requested on site
- Journey Electrician Certificate
- Willingness to learn and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Leadership skills
- Must be physically fit (heavy lifting, working on uneven ground, standing/walking for long periods of time, other physically demanding tasks)
- Okay with tedious and repetitive tasks
- Perseverance working through all-season weather
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well in a team, bring a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable transportation and a class 5 drivers license
- Able to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Experience in solar installation - considered an asset
- An interest in renewable energy
Okotoks, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.