ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
This employer believes that renewable energy is the future, and are proud to have a passionate team focused on creating positive change in the world through innovation, commitment to quality, and high customer satisfaction.
Joining the team means you will be on the cusp of one of the most innovative fields, with an organization focused on development and recognition of our people. Solar experience is not required!
The company is committed to empowering teams by creating an environment where everyone, from all backgrounds can succeed. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where differences are valued and celebrated.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Installation Labourer will be responsible for the installation of solar panels, meeting daily / weekly metrics and ensuring the safety of themselves and those around them.
- Measure, cut, and assemble the support structure for solar panels
- Erecting and assembling ground mount racking and panels
- Fastening racking systems to support the solar modules
- Coordinating project tools, equipment and supplies to ensure all required items are prepared for transport to installation sites
- Inspecting your work to ensure the installation of components meet specifications
- Complete site checks and cleanup at conclusion of each day
- Assist with setup and tear down of job sites
- Committed to safe work practices in accordance with Safety procedures and policies
This position is physically demanding and involves exposure to all elements of outdoor work. Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Successful candidates will be physically fit and in good health.
- Proven safety attitude and excellent attendance history
- Required: A valid Driver’s License and a reliable method of transportation to the project site which may require extensive travel.
- In possession of a smartphone and be proficient with technology
- Industry or trade experience in solar is considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding environment
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Must have a strong work ethic, focus and accountability to meeting metrics.
- Able to work effectively in teams as well as independently
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on training. We will assist in placing you in paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should fill out the Participant Registration Form as well as send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Workforce Sectoral Solutions Program