ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a global engineering consulting firm specializing in Climate Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Building Performance. They bring their wide range of experience and skills together to develop a better, holistic solution for their clients and bring a fundamental dedication to earning the trust and exceeding the expectations of their clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an opening for a full-time Senior Air Quality Engineer or Scientist with at least 7 -10 years of relevant work based in the Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC office.
- Solving challenging problems in consultation with engineering, institutional and industrial clients related to air quality.
- Planning and coordinating technical aspects of projects mainly in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Supervising data collection, modeling, post-processing, analysis, interpretation, and documentation of engineering results.
- Consulting with and answering technical questions from colleagues, project managers, and clients.
- Writing technical reports that present methodology, results and recommendations.
Assisting with the preparation of proposals, marketing materials and/or technical papers.
- Taking a lead technical role in internal and external project teams to ensure technical excellence and quality of analysis and reporting.
- Providing technical leadership to improve technical capability and capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering or science disciplines.
- Conceptual understanding of the current regulatory framework for Alberta and British Columbia air quality assessments.
- Several years’ experience with developing emission inventories and running dispersion models under Alberta or British Columbia regulatory systems.
- Deep knowledge of air quality dispersion models (including AERMOD and CALPUFF).
- Experience in developing emission inventories for a wide range of industries (particularly oil and gas, mining, and pulp and paper).
- Thorough knowledge of computers using a variety of engineering analytical tools and word-processing software.
- Proven ability to act as the technical liaison between internal project teams, external clients, and regulators.
- Eng. designation with Professional Engineers Alberta or BC.
- Advanced degree.
- Conceptual understanding of meteorological modeling.
- Experience with mesoscale photochemical modeling.
- Strong people and team skills.
- Proven organizational capability, decision making and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent problem-solving methods/capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership/mentoring success.
- An eye for detail and an innate need to get things right.
- Persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Aptitude for practical problem-solving and shrewd judgment.
- Drive to continuously improve processes and enhance efficiency.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
The company endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.
This position is located in the Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC office.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in paid, on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.