ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a small, Canadian sustainability consulting firm that brings people together to propel planning, research and climate change policy into action. They describe themselves as a fun and passionate team of energy efficiency & strategic planning experts based in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto & Halifax.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a full-time Project & Research Assistant to support a variety of projects related to reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions such as remote work, energy efficiency, deep retrofits and electric vehicles. This is a generalist position, where the Project & Research Assistant will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of different topics related to clean energy and build their professional network. The employer will work with the successful candidate to match their strengths and interests with hands-on project and research experience (for example in market research, desktop research, data analytics, marketing & communications, stakeholder engagement and project management). This position is virtual anywhere in Canada.
- Conducting background web-based research (reviewing background documents, identifying data sources).
- Developing data collection tools (surveys, interview templates etc.) and supporting data collection efforts.
- Reviewing and analyzing information for trends and gaps.
- Attending project meetings with the internal team and/or external clients and project partners.
- Writing and editing - for instance supporting funding proposals, progress reports and communications materials.
- Graphic design, communications & marketing support.
- Supporting in-person and virtual meetings through note-taking, scheduling, event planning etc.
- Knowledge of and passion for environmental issues, especially clean energy, the just transition, net zero or energy efficiency.
- Comfortable working remotely using online platforms for check-ins and meetings (Google Meet, Zoom, etc.) and strong computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite & cloud-based software.
- Interest in gaining exposure to a variety of topics related to clean energy and experience with different roles within a project.
- Ability to manage tasks independently in a virtual environment while communicating closely with colleagues and supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate is a recent graduate or soon to be graduate with research experience in one of the following fields: Environmental Studies, International Development, Business Administration, Public Relations, Marketing or other related discipline.
- Direct work or volunteer experience in the environmental or climate-related field is preferred but not required.
- Community engagement, facilitation and/or event planning experience is considered a strong asset.
- Data collection and research experience, including developing and administering surveys and conducting qualitative interviews is considered an asset.
- An eye for design and ability to create visually appealing reports, infographics and slides.
- Interest in working in an entrepreneurial, small business environment.
This position is partially funded using a federal wage subsidy program. Some programs require that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Between ages 18 and 30
- Self-identify as a First Nation, Inuit or Métis youth
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or person who has been granted Refugee status in Canada
- Recent graduate from a post-secondary institution
Virtual anywhere in Canada.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.