ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Who we are & where we come from:
Iron & Earth is a non-profit organization with roots in the fossil fuel industry.
What we do:
We create pathways to opportunities in the net-zero economy for fossil fuel workers, Indigenous Peoples, and their communities.
How we do it:
Our programs lower barriers to building community-led climate solutions for a sustainable future through engagement, training programs, infrastructure projects, and career platforms.
Where Iron & Earth meet:
We have not forgotten who we are, and our new vision sets our sights on who we want to be.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as individuals with fossil fuel industry experience. We truly value every individual and are constantly taking steps to accommodate all individuals in our workplace.
ABOUT THE JOB
Iron & Earth is seeking a Partnerships Coordinator to join our Renewable Skills team. The Partnerships Coordinator will be responsible for initiating and strengthening relationships with Indigenous and rural communities to create trusted partnerships as a foundation for the delivery of Iron & Earth’s Renewable Skills Training Programs. They will also coordinate the hiring of Instructors for Renewable Skills training program delivery, program evaluation and feedback.
- Foster strong relationships and communications with Indigenous and rural communities with an interest in hosting Iron & Earth’s Renewable Skills Training Program(s);
- Assist in educating community members about Iron & Earth’s Renewable Skills Training Program(s) and defining the roles of all partners in program delivery;
- Identify and ensure the recruitment of local community champions, and Iron & Earth certified Instructors;
- Ensure ongoing communication with the partner community throughout the life cycle of the program delivery and beyond;
- Assist in negotiating and drafting Letter of Intent/Memorandum of Understanding/Partnership Agreement with partner/host community;
- Deepen and expand collaborative relationships with local community members and local businesses;
- Liaise with any local contractors and vendors involved in the Renewable Skills Training Program delivery;
- Assist with Travel and Logistics planning, when applicable;
- Coordinate program updating, iterations, evaluation and feedback with Instructors and Subject Matter Experts;
- Work collaboratively with Iron & Earth’s Business Development team members in all initiatives to create and maintain relationships and share knowledge;
- Create partnership development process, develop and implement strategies to continually improve partnership development process;
- Ideally candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience working with, or in, Indigenous communities or in Indigenous and Rural Relations coordination;
- A degree in Indigenous Studies, Community Development, Social Work, Education, Indigenous Law or equivalent will be considered an asset, however not mandatory. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Experience working in the non-profit sector considered an asset;
- Collaborative with effective ability to establish new relationships, foster trust, and engage with Indigenous community members and other stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes;
- A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel.
Compensation and Hours
This is a full-time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada. Iron & Earth is a completely remote organization, however this position includes both remote and in-person work. Work hours should overlap with the Eastern time zone.
How to apply
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include in your email how you heard about this opportunity. We want to thank you in advance for your interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!