ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a reputable DIY solar power store offering resources, such as training materials, guides and calculators to help everyone learn about the uses of solar in the simplest way possible.
Its primary objective is to make solar power more accessible by providing affordable and quality solutions and to continuously innovate within the solar industry to provide users with creative solutions to everyday problems.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking to hire a full-time Operations Associate. They are seeking a technically savvy and detail-oriented individual to join its operations team as an Operational Associate. As an Operational Associate, you will play a vital role in supporting the company's supply chain activities and ensuring the smooth functioning of its operations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and has a strong inclination towards optimizing processes within the supply chain. This position is located in Barrie, Ontario.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of supply chain activities, including procurement, inventory management, and logistics.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather and analyze data to identify areas for process improvement and cost optimization.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of technology-driven solutions for supply chain management, such as ERP systems, inventory management software, and tracking tools.
- Monitor and track inventory levels, ensuring accurate and timely stock replenishment.
- Assist in the coordination of vendor relationships, including communication, order tracking, and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment.
- Support the analysis of supply chain performance metrics and generate reports to identify areas of improvement.
- Assist in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to streamline supply chain processes.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in supply chain management.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Strong technical aptitude with a passion for leveraging technology to optimize supply chain processes.
- Familiarity with supply chain concepts, including procurement, inventory management, and logistics.
- Proficiency in using supply chain software and tools (e.g., ERP systems, inventory management software).
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to gather, interpret, and analyze data to drive decision-making.
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated with a proactive and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and industry trends.
- Prior experience in supply chain management or related roles.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau).
- Knowledge of lean management principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
HOW TO APPLY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.