ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Decarbonization is no longer an abstract future commitment. It is driving policy across Canada as we work towards a net zero future. This company believes existing infrastructure cannot be immediately discarded to realize this goal, and we cannot pursue strategies that make energy unaffordable and unreliable for Canadians. The company believes disruption doesn’t need to be disruptive. and we can make the journey to net zero a more seamless transition.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, the company is the largest owner and operator of battery storage projects in Canada and a leader in the development of energy storage solutions supporting jurisdictions across Canada as we work towards a net zero future.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Health, Safety, Environment, and Regulatory (HSER) Manager is a full-time role as part of the Operations team. Reporting to the VP of Operations you will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of Health, Safety, Environment, and Regulatory initiatives that support Operations and Project development across Canada. The HSER Manager is the champion of the company’s commitment to the health and safety of its employees and the environment.
As you could be working on projects across the globe, regional and international travel will be required sometimes.
- Provide safety leadership to a team of highly experienced Operations Professionals including full-time staff and field-based consultants.
- Initiate, foster and maintain HSE standards and goals through Company and/or project wide HSE programs to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment.
- Develop, customize, and supervise the implementation of HSER programs, including project site-based HSE orientation and recognition and awards programs, at all levels of the organization to promote a balance between productivity and the safety of all staff and visitors in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Conduct/participate in safety meetings and perform regular site inspections including office, shop, and field.
- Actively support operations business leaders with contractor safety management efforts through liaising with external HSE professional contractors, vendors, clients, government entities, and advisors.
- Monitor the implementation of HSER management system, propose improvements where appropriate, and report concerns to the Leadership Team.
- Provide incident investigation leadership for all recordable safety events, including follow-up and closure of any subsequent remedial actions.
- Prepare, lead, and report on ERP (Emergency Response Plan) and tabletop exercises on an annual basis.
- Identify environmentally sensitive activities within current operations or new project scopes of work and include evaluation during risk assessments.
- Prepare data, statistics and KPI’s by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and reporting them regularly to Enfinite’s Leadership Team.
- Work with Operations team and Corporate strategy group on ESG related initiatives, including but not limited to, the creation of Enfinite’s annual ESG report.
- Identify employee development and training needs as it relates to HSER topics and lead training initiatives.
- Review new and audit current vendors’ safety programs to ensure alignment with Enfinite’s standards and prepare, as-required, HSE components for proposals and RFP’s.
- Collaborate with the Development and Projects teams to provide consistent HSER support and input to development planning and project execution activities.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate and/or Diploma and 10 or more years of related experience, or a combination of formal education and experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience with:
- CSA Z1000-14 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Energy Safety Canada Introduction to Health and Safety Management Systems:
- Program Development Guidelines
- NCSO or CRSP preferred.
- Working knowledge of environmental and regulatory permit compliance and restrictions within the electrical utilities sector.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
HOW TO APPLY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on on the Job Training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
Interested candidates should fill out the Participant Registration Form as well as send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Workforce Solutions Program.