ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Calgary-based company began net-zero renovations and deep-energy retrofits in 2014.
Company Partners & Associations:
- Energy Efficiency Alberta
- Canadian Home Builders Association
- Net Zero Energy Housing Council
- Solar Energy Society Of Alberta
- Better Business Bureau (A+ Rating)
ABOUT THE JOB
- Heavy lifting
- Setting up and cleaning up job sites
- Installation of materials
- Demolition of existing building envelopes
- Measuring and cutting materials/items
- Installation of new insulated building envelopes
All positions are outdoor, year-round work.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist in placing you in paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.