ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a reputable DIY solar power store which provides resources, such as training materials, guides and calculators to help everyone learn about the uses of solar in the simplest way possible.
The primary objective for the company is to make solar power more accessible by providing affordable and quality solutions and to continuously innovate within the solar industry to provide users with creative solutions to everyday problems.
ABOUT THE JOB
This position is for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join the finance team as a full-time Junior Finance Associate. As a Junior Finance Associate, you will play a crucial role in supporting financial operations and contributing to the overall success of the company. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or someone looking to kick-start their career in finance.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process by gathering and organizing financial data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial insights and support decision-making processes.
- Assist in the preparation of financial presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with accounts payable and receivable tasks, including invoice processing and payment reconciliation.
- Running cost analysis and evaluating operational and inventory costs. Implement cost saving strategies.
- Contribute to the implementation and improvement of financial systems and processes.
- Assisting in AR collections.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in financial analysis and data interpretation.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Prior internship or work experience in finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting techniques.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and financial software.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on on the Job Training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.