ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a fast-growing business in Calgary, AB. The company’s mission is to build a better planet. "What if we could...?" is their mantra. The company is a tenacious problem solver with a permanent dissatisfaction with the status quo. The company is passionate about material science and developing higher performing building materials for the people and the planet.
The company is dedicated to the research and development of advanced building materials and solutions that are stronger, safer, and more sustainable. Located in Calgary, Alberta with projects throughout North America, they offer green alternatives to conventional building materials and manufacture structurally insulated panels using magnesium oxy-sulfate technology. The solutions are non-toxic, fire and mold resistant, sustainable, and energy efficient. With R&D capabilities located onsite, they are constantly improving and creating new products to build a better planet.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is currently looking for a Project Manager to support the growth of the innovative and highly disruptive company... that’s right, they like stirring the pot!
The project managers are responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project’s execution. Reporting to the Director of Project Management, this starts with a handoff from the sales teams and carries through to the various stages of design, production, project installation, and certification.
Working closely with the various teams, clients, and stakeholders, the ultimate project success lies with the project manager. This is not your traditional PM role!
The position is based out of Calgary, Alberta.
- Project Planning and Initiation: Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, and deliverables. Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, resources, and budgets. Initial and ongoing review of various drawing sets and project scope.
- Resource Allocation: Assign tasks and responsibilities to project teams, ensuring the appropriate allocation of resources while optimizing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks, obstacles, and challenges. Develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans to minimize disruptions to project timelines and quality.
- Communication: Maintain clear and consistent communication with clients, internal teams, and external partners. Provide regular project updates, addressing concerns, and ensuring alignment on project progress.
- Quality Assurance: Monitor project execution to ensure adherence to industry standards and company guidelines. Implement quality control measures to guarantee the delivery of SIPs that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Budget Oversight: Manage project budgets, tracking expenses, and resource allocation to ensure projects are completed within financial parameters.
- Timeline Management: Proactively track project timelines, identifying potential delays and taking corrective actions to keep projects on track for on-time delivery.
- Client Engagement: Cultivate strong client relationships by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests promptly. Act as the primary point of contact for clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Problem Solving: Rapidly identify and address project-related issues, leveraging your problem-solving skills to find effective solutions that align with project goals.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the enhancement of project management processes, workflows, and best practices to optimize project outcomes and increase operational efficiency.
- Workplace Safety: Demonstrate leadership in health, safety, and environmental protection through all stages of our projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, PMP certification, and/or other construction management (minimum 3 years) experience.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Strong understanding of SIPs and their manufacturing processes.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Problem-solving aptitude and the ability to manage ambiguity and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively.
- Solid knowledge of project management principles and best practices.
- Able to travel throughout North America and internationally to oversee and teach installation methods.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work in a fast-paced working environment to meet tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail
- Manufacturing Experience (asset)
- Customer Service Experience (asset)
- SIP's experience (asset)
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
Competitive compensation and benefits.
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 92 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.