ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With their team of dedicated employees, they develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, they value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. They look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join them! They are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join them in shaping the energy transition!
- Responsible for As-built drawing, commissioning, and interaction with the utility to make sure all the utility requirements are addressed
- Create layouts and cost estimation for proposal. Actively participating in the bidding process
- Development of technical specifications, bills of materials and estimates, quality control documents, commissioning requirements, technical manuals; etc.
- Assisting the Business Development team in the interpretation of technical requirements on Request for Proposals
- Consult with developers, utilities, and manufacturers to understand and capture project design requirements specific to geographical area and associated utility interconnection requirements in Canada and the USA. Experience in the USA market is an asset
- Design of DC/AC solar PV plant systems and LV & MV power distribution systems. Experience with associated substation design, Protection and Control systems (P&C relay design), fire alarm and communications systems are an asset.
- Provide periodic site inspections during construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Build relationships with clients, contractors, and suppliers; coordinate with various disciplines and permitting agencies.
- Maintain records of design notes, calculations, simulations, drawings, and other design records in appropriate project repository.
- Work closely with other discipline engineers and project managers as required.
- Follow good engineering standards and practices on small to large-scale ground mount solar PV projects in various North American jurisdictions to ensure that engineering deliverables comply with applicable codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with ground mount solar PV systems.
- Experienced in all aspects of Electrical Engineering including cost estimating, purchasing and construction contracts development, supervision, and on-site inspections.
- Ability to perform electrical system studies and calculations (load, voltage drop, short circuit, load flow, arc flash, grounding studies, etc.).
- Accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation.
- Experience with preparing and executing utility interconnection plans.
- Ability to prepare, review, stamp LV & MV drawing sets for utility scale PV systems as part of an engineering team.
- Knowledge and experience in commercial electrical supply chains.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with senior management, clients, project team, and contractors.
- Bachelor Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Valid P. Eng in Alberta or Ontario, electrical preferred. E.I.T. will be considered.
- Experience with PVSyst is an Asset.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in designing ground mount/Rooftop solar projects with AC/DC/MV and BESS layouts, Single Line Diagrams, permitting/IFC/as-built drawings, etc.
- Proven 2-5 years of experience in AutoCAD drafting of electrical engineering packages for construction, submission to the third party for approval.
- Detailed knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment.
- The base hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on the business needs.
- Calgary, Alberta
- You may be expected to travel across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia), and US (primarily Mid-West, North-East) from time to time as an engineering representative of the Company.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and underserved communities, fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. For 7 weeks, NZP provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction to Net-Zero and its pathways (renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainability). NZP provides a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: We will assist with your onboarding for the first 6 weeks of your new job with an employer in the Net-Zero industry. You will also be assigned a Case Manager for support.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.