ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With their team of dedicated employees, they develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, they value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. They look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join them! They are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join them in shaping the energy transition!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, reliable 1st year Electrical Apprentice, experienced in the electrical trade and want to continue their career working in the commercial electrical sectors. As a 1st Year Electrician Apprentice, you will work closely with licensed electricians and experienced team members to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge required for a successful career in the electrical trade.
- Installing solar panel arrays in commercial settings, including on roofs, walls, and ground mounts
- Collaborate with Journeymen Electricians to assist in connecting electrical components such as inverters, batteries, and charge controllers to ensure that they operate properly.
- Assist Journeymen Electricians in installing wiring and other electrical components in new construction projects,
- Learn and follow all relevant codes, regulations, and industry standards to ensure compliance and safety.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment, prioritizing safety at all times.
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers, ensuring clear and concise information exchange.
- Collaborate with team members to plan and execute electrical projects within set deadlines.
- Safely operate and maintain electrical tools and equipment.
- Pull wire through conduits and in trenches and along PV Solar racking systems.
- Assemble and install PVC and HDPE conduits
- Indentured as Alberta Electrical Apprentice or willing to become indentured.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, flexibility, and a genuine desire to learn and grow in the electrical trade.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts installations would be an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- A valid class 5 license and/or reliable transportation
- Must be of legal age to work in Alberta
- Current CSTS 2020 certification, valid certification required
- WHIMIS 2015 certification, valid certification required
- Willingness to work out of town.
- The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
- Predominantly outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and underserved communities, fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. For 7 weeks, NZP provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction to Net-Zero and its pathways (renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainability). NZP provides a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: We will assist with your onboarding for the first 6 weeks of your new job with an employer in the Net-Zero industry. You will also be assigned a Case Manager for support.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.