ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With their team of dedicated employees, they develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, they value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. They look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join them! They are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join them in shaping the energy transition!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is currently seeking an enthusiastic QA/QC Technician for our Solar Projects based in Drumheller, Alberta.
Perform torturing of hardware, critical component installation, testing, monitoring and data record of solar PV racking, module installation, wiring, electrical testing and related mechanical & basic electrical work.
Implementing data in QA/QC software (Fieldwire)
Checking that all deliverable documentations are ready and checked before submission to the client.
Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site subcontractors and vendors and coordinate all non-destructive testing on site.
Coordinate with the customer's representative on all quality matters.
Verify that the quality-related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors.
Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action.
Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses.
Review the customer's specifications and undertake relevant training for the site QC inspector.
Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in quality or relevant discipline engineering, or construction management.
- Working experience in construction/construction management with exposure to performing quality control/quality assurance/quality management tasks in an industrial project environment (mining projects will be preferred).
- Excellent communication, coordination and interdisciplinary team support skills.
- High attention to detail.
- The quality or industry certifications are an asset.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Valid driver's license; available to drive to the project site
- Must possess the necessary skills to execute installation tasks effectively.
- Fixed Term Contract
- The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
- Uneven ground
- Obstructed pathways
- Predominantly outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 84 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.