ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With their team of dedicated employees, they develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, they value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. They look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join them! They are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join them in shaping the energy transition!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is currently seeking General Laborer to work in our various sites across Alberta including, Fox Coulee (Drumheller).
The successful General Laborer will be responsible for various manual tasks, be dependable, safety-minded, and have a passion for the Renewable Energy Industry.
- Installing racking systems and solar panels Using hand tools, both manual and powered, to install racking and modular components
- Inspecting solar panel racking components
- Helping with site upkeep and cleaning as required
- Able to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to readily accept and apply direction from supervision
- On-the-job training provided as needed
- Workers may be considered for additional roles as the project progresses
- Prior construction/trades experience an asset
- High school diploma
- A valid class 5 license and/or reliable transportation
- Must be of legal age to work in Alberta
- Current CSTS 2020 certification, valid certification required (required)
- WHIMIS 2015 certification, valid certification (required)
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Willing to learn and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Familiarity with the use of hand and power tools
- Able to work outside in various weather conditions
- Fixed Term Contract
- The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and underserved communities, fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. For 7 weeks, NZP provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction to Net-Zero and its pathways (renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainability). NZP provides a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: We will assist with your onboarding for the first 6 weeks of your new job with an employer in the Net-Zero industry. You will also be assigned a Case Manager for support.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.