ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With their team of dedicated employees, they develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, they value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. They look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join them! They are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join them in shaping the energy transition!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator to work in our Drumheller, Alberta location. They would like to review your application if you have the below minimum qualifications.
- Minimum three (3) years heavy equipment operating experience.
- Ability to cut/fill to grade, excavate and backfill trenches
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OHS guidelines.
- Must perform general preventative maintenance on equipment such as cleaning tracks, greasing and fueling machines.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained properly, daily equipment check lists are completed and equipment is parked orderly and cleaned each day.
- Ability to utilize construction equipment safely and effectively such as excavator, dozer, grader, skid steer, loader, rock trucks and packers.
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints an asset.
- Recognizes and understands the safe operation of heavy equipment and material handling.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a team player.
- Committed to the safety program and encourages colleagues, leads by example.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and responsible manner.
- Must have own transportation to and from job site.
- The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
- Remote location
- Uneven ground
- Site congestion
- Obstructed pathways
- Predominantly outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job ID #79 when you apply.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
Iron & Earth’s training programs are funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.