ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With their team of dedicated employees, they develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, they value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. They look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join them! They are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join them in shaping the energy transition!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is currently seeking a Civil Foreman for our site in Fox Coulee (Drumheller), Alberta.
The Civil Foreman will be responsible for overseeing the work of their team. They ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, while also ensuring that quality standards are met.
The role requires an individual who shares our company values, is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, and is excited to help us tackle challenges to succeed in our business.
- Ensure adherence to all Health, Safety and Environmental rules, policies, and regulations.
- Attend and or perform daily site toolboxes and stretch and flex, weekly safety meetings.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the construction of civil, such as roads, foundations, structures, site grading and electrical trenching as per specifications.
- Manage and supervise construction crews to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and in compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Adjust work schedule to accommodate special or unexpected site production events or changes.
- Coordinate with other trades and departments to ensure smooth progress of construction projects.
- Ensure field information on progress, issues, etc. is communicated systematically and immediately to stakeholders.
- Manage and forecast materials and equipment needed for project completion.
- Keep accurate records of project progress, including labor, materials, and equipment usage when required to do so.
- Ensure all tools are charged, equipment is fueled, greased and tracks cleaned to be readily available for each day or the next task.
- Train and develop crew members in safety, quality, and productivity aspects of construction.
- Ensure high-quality work and adherence to company policies.
- Plan site projects and coordinate sub-contractors as required.
- Conduct safety meetings and assist with incident reporting and investigations.
- Provide leadership and coaching to field direct reports.
- Provide input into performance reviews of direct reports.
- Coordinate equipment and light duty vehicles with Civil Manager.
- Monitor equipment utilization and report down equipment.
- Display Consistent professional demeanor and representation.
- Minimum five (5) years Civil or Earthworks Foreman.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OHS guidelines.
- Ability to utilize, train and monitor construction equipment and operators safely and effectively such as excavator, dozer, grader, skid steer, loader and packers.
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints.
- Excellent organizational and leadership with the ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Recognizes and understands the safe operation of heavy equipment and material handling.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills required.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained properly, daily equipment check lists are completed and equipment is parked orderly and cleaned each day.
- Reliable transportation to and from job site is required.
- The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
- Predominantly outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
Remote location, based on location may be eligible for living out allowance.
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 78 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.