ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. We value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Our vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is looking for a highly motivated sales professional to become part of our solar electric team. Put simply the successful candidate has the drive, perseverance and motivation to ensure solar keeps being built in Western Canada. They will be comfortable developing a robust pipeline of solar clients and seeing agreements through. The ideal candidate for this position has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and whose passions and values align with The Company.
Primary duties include:
- Maintaining focus on Business to Consumer (B2C) engagements and seeking agreements directly with company owners and officers.
- Building trust and rapport with prospective customers.
- Managing the sales lifecycle including lead qualification, determining client needs, conducting site assessments, pricing, contracts and negotiations.
- Providing excellent post-sale handoffs to the Project team to ensure implementation success.
- Maintaining Salesforce CRM records and other digital records as required.
- Engage with the VP of Sales to increase pipeline and activity visibility to increase collaboration and organizational support of your work.
- Attend industry-related networking functions to expand The Company’s presence within identified markets.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Take pride in your work.
- Employ urgency in all customer-related activities to increase the likelihood of success.
- Uphold The Company values and maintain a positive image as an outward-facing representative.
- Thrive in a work environment that is not fully developed and sometimes hectic.
- Be a self-starter, work independently and make the best use of your time.
- Continually seek ways to contribute to better processes resulting in a better sales experience for customers and employees alike.
- Two plus years of experience in a technical sales position preferably in the construction, electrical or solar industry.
- Must have extensive experience working with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets).
- The ability to work with industry software such as CAD, SketchUp, and PVsyst would be an asset.
- Capable of lifting, moving and climbing a ladder and comfortable working at heights.
- Flexibility, ability and willingness to meet with potential customers in the evening or on weekends as necessary.
- Valid class 5 driver's license with an excellent record.
- Demonstrated passion for the renewable energy industry
- A growth mindset.
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to own shares in The Company as an employee shareholder
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Accrued paid vacation and sick days
- Diverse, challenging and exciting opportunities
- The opportunity to work among highly qualified, industry-leading professionals in a collaborative working environment
- The difference of working for a Certified B Corporation
- An enjoyable, modern workplace, including significant flexibility and other benefits like the ability to bring a well-behaved dog to work with you
Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid)
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 75 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.