ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. We value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Our vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is seeking a highly motivated and capable team member to join our growing O&M division. In this role you will be working with an experienced team in a fast-paced environment on exciting opportunities, both large and small, that make positive impacts in the communities with which we work.
The candidate best suited to this position will have the ability to efficiently and effectively manage a consistent, and at times heavy workload, while thriving in a self-directed work environment. The candidate will have power systems experience and competencies with the ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients in a professional, yet personable manner. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for renewable energy and the renewable energy industry; along with progressive workplace experience and accountability in a previous role(s).
- Use of SCADA systems to monitor PV system performance and operations
- Respond to system faults/warnings at any hour of the day
- Power system analysis
- CMMS Administration
- Generation and grid operations
- Leadership in the safe operations and maintenance of solar PV systems
- PV system performance analysis
- Technical reporting
- Experience in the operations and maintenance of industrial power systems
- Familiarity with solar and/or construction industries
- Electrical Engineering Technologist, Electrical Engineer, or a related background
Considered an Asset:
- Project management skills and experience
- PVSyst and experience with performance analysis
- Preference will be given to candidates located in Southern Alberta, Calgary, Edmonton, West Kelowna or Regina
The Company is a growing mid-sized business which means opportunities abound for the right individual. While the primary responsibilities are those associated with O&M/service, individuals who possess skills and are comfortable working in complementary roles (e.g. project management, sales) on an as-needed basis are particularly valuable to our business.
- A competitive salary for the industry
- Opportunity to own shares in The Company as an employee shareholder
- Comprehensive dental and health benefits
- Accrued paid vacation and sick days
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work model
- Diverse, challenging and interesting opportunities
- The opportunity to work among highly qualified, industry leading professionals in a collaborative working environment
- The difference of working for a Certified B Corporation
- An enjoyable, modern workplace, including organized staff events and benefits like the ability to bring a well-behaved dog to work with you
Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid)
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 74 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.