ABOUT THE COMPANY
“The company” is a rapidly growing solar company looking to hire an electrical technologist to assist with our system installation plans. This is a remote role.
- Review project scope & produce finalized ready-to-build installation plans
- Electrical line diagrams
- AutoCAD solar panel layouts
- Liaise with project managers, engineers, utilities, and municipal permitting offices.
- Formal education in the electrical field
- Certified to work in the electrical field
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Strong written & verbal communication in English
- Education: Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technologist Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Benefits: Flexible schedule, Paid time off, Work from home
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Commission pay
Toronto, ON (Remote)
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 69 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.