ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company designs and manufactures Power and Distribution (Padmount) Transformers, Preventive Auto Transformers, Transit Rectifier Power Transformers along with Transformer Rectifiers for Electrostatic Precipitators.
- Set-up, wind and take down coils in the manufacture of power transformers and other electrical apparatus as directed by the Coil Winding Department Lead-Hand or Shop Floor Supervisor. Assist the department lead-hand in training and supervision of junior coil winders.
- Reporting to: Coil Winding Department Lead-Hand and Shop Floor Supervisor
- Practice 5 S – Sort, Set in place, Shine, Standardize and Sustain
- Read “L” spec winding blueprints.
- Wind a Preventive Autotransformer coil.
- Wind a Series Auto Coil
- Wind a Transformer Rectifier coil.
- Wind a 3 Phase coil.
- Wind a Current Limiting Reactor coil.
- Wind an Interphase Reactor coil.
- Setting up and tearing down of multiple winding machines.
- Build coils
- Check that coils are acceptable for core coiling
- Proficiency in TIG welding of leads
- Proficiency at using Oxy-Acetylene torch for brazing and annealing
- Proficiency at reading mechanical drawings that will accompany the “L” spec for making tooling and lead placement
- To provide utility work in all departments – Examples include, learning basic skills in Assembly like bolting on a cover for a transformer or assisting Electronics with assembly
- To maneuver coils and raw copper which weigh in the hundreds of pounds in a safe and careful manner. Overhead crane training is provided and obtaining certification is required.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures with ongoing training as required, including WHMIS, to maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- To become well versed in all the hand and power tools used in the winding area including the chop saw and table saw.
- To report any concerns regarding product quality or department processes to Coil Winding Department Lead-Hand
- Assist in the training and supervision of junior coil winders.
- Limits of Authority: Cannot change “L” spec without engineering approval
PERFORMANCE REVIEW CRITERIA
- Maintain a clean workspace and shop area
- Demonstrate consistent coil winding quality
- To show a competent learning capability
- Winding throughput, common, one Transformer Rectifier or rectangular Preventive Autotransformer coil per 18 hrs.
- Winding throughput, common, one three phase coil per person per 3 days
- Winding throughput, common, one Round Preventive Autotransformer coil per 18 hours per person.
- Solid solder and welding of lead connections.
- Less than 1 coil failure per 100 coils wound.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- To show adequate manual dexterity abilities.
- Concise and clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail oriented
- Be able to lift max. 50lbs
- Must be able to stand in one place for up to one shift
- High school graduate or GED
POST-HIRING TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Learning and understanding of production processes and procedures
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 106 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.