ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company designs and manufactures Power and Distribution (Padmount) Transformers, Preventive Auto Transformers, Transit Rectifier Power Transformers along with Transformer Rectifiers for Electrostatic Precipitators.
- To follow instructions provided by lead hand or supervisor
- Reporting to: Winding lead hand
- Practice 5 S – Sort, Set in place, Shine, Standardize and Sustain
- Setting up and tearing down multiple winding machines.
- Learning how to read “L” spec winding blueprints.
- Learning to wind a Preventive Autotransformer coil.
- Learning how to wind a Series Auto Coil
- Learning how to wind a Transformer Rectifier coil.
- Learning how to wind a 3 Phase coil.
- Learning how to wind a Current Limiting Reactor coil.
- Learning how to wind an Interphase Reactor coil.
- To provide utility work in all departments – Learn basic skills like bolting on a cover for a transformer in the Assembly dept, helping electronics with assembly tasks as examples
- Overhead crane training is provided as being a certified operator is a must. Winders are required to move coils and raw copper which weigh in the hundreds of pounds.
- Continual Health & Safety as well as WHMIS training is required by all staff to keep a safe and healthy workplace
- To become well versed in all the hand and power tools used in the winding area including the chop saw and table saw.
- Set up coil orders on winding machine
- Build coils
- Check that coils are acceptable for core coiling
- Proficiency in TIG welding of leads
- Proficiency at using Oxy-Acetylene torch for brazing and annealing
- Proficiency at reading mechanical drawings that will accompany the “L” spec for making tooling and lead placement.
- Limits of Authority: Cannot change “L” spec without engineering approval
PERFORMANCE REVIEW CRITERIA
- To maintain a clean workspace and shop area
- To show progression in coil winding ability or utility ability
- To show a competent learning capability
- Winding throughput, typical 1 Transformer Rectifier / rectangular
- Preventive Autotransformer coil per 18 hrs.
- Winding throughput, typical 1 3 phase coil per person per 3 days
- Winding throughput, typical 1 Round Preventive Autotransformer coil per 18 hours per person.
- Solid solder and welding of lead connections.
- Less than 1 coil failure per 100 coils wound.
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- To show adequate manual dexterity abilities.
- Concise and clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail oriented
- Be able to lift max. 50lbs
- Must be able to stand in one place for up to one shift
POST-HIRING TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Learning and understanding of production processes and procedures
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 103 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.