ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company designs and manufactures Power and Distribution (Padmount) Transformers, Preventive Auto Transformers, Transit Rectifier Power Transformers along with Transformer Rectifiers for Electrostatic Precipitators.
- To take direction from the Assembly Lead Hand
- To be able to work independent of supervision
- Practice 5 S – Sort, Set in place, Shine, Standardize and Sustain
- Extensive knowledge of tanking TR’s
- Extensive knowledge of tanking 3 phase
- Extensive knowledge of assembling PA and SA units
- Extensive knowledge of assembling HV bushings for all units
- Monitor products for quality of materials and processes.
- Train and instruct new employees
- Extensive knowledge of rigging and overhead crane use
- Certified overhead crane operator
- Forklift training
- Well versed in WHMIS
- Well versed in all the hand and power tools used in the assembly area including the chop saw and table saw.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW CRITERIA
- Assembly throughput, typical 1 T/R per person per day/shifts, hours
- Assembly throughput, typical 1 three phase Unit per person every 3 days/ shifts
- Assembly throughput, typical 1 Round PA unit per person every 3 days
- Less than 1 transformer failure in 100 tanks assembled
- Timeliness (min 72 hours) of reporting of Health and Safety Issues
- Timeliness of order priority sequence, 2 days maximum.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience as an assembler.
- Concise and clear written and verbal communications skills.
POST-HIRING TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Learning and understanding of production processes and procedures
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 101 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.