ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company offers a range of products and services to Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Industrial building projects.
The Company is the main distributor of Coverlink – by Ferro Corporation for the Cork Spray products in all of Canada.
It is also authorized applicators and service delivery partners of Kemper Systems’ waterproofing, roofing, and surfacing systems.
It also provides project management services for custom projects.
The company consists of a group of highly motivated and energetic, young technocrats coming from a solid background in the construction industry with business and technical acumen.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Company is looking for a Cork Sprayer/ General Labourer. This position is located in North York, Ontario.
- Prepare spraying equipment
- Clean and prep surfaces using processes such as removing coatings, filling cracks or otherwise preparing surfaces for application, as well as tarping and taping areas not being sprayed.
- Review and touch up finished surfaces as needed to produce an equal tone and ensure quality of work
- Report production issues and assist in resolutions as needed
- Clean and maintain machine, tools and personal protective equipment
- Ability to understand and read and interpret material safety and datasheet
- An understanding of drawings, sketches, and/or blueprints is a benefit
- Performing other related tasks as assigned
- Work environment requires physical movement including walking, standing, and lifting up to 75 lbs
- Use of PPE, including safety glasses and safety boots required
- Exceptional detail-oriented focus combined with a keen eye for flaws
- Ability to work independently and perform daily tasks in accordance with the work schedule, good verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to quickly identify the proper tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Abilities to handle things on time
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Understanding of how to use hand tools such as scrapers, drivers, wrenches, sanders, etc.
Additional Job Assets:
- Health and Safety awareness
- First aid
- Hazardous materials testing
- Working at height
- Building envelope degradation training
Cork Spray training certified
Off site and on-site training
- Preparation – masking, taping, power washing
- Off site and on-site training
- Knowledge of the product, technical details
- Best practices in construction
- Language courses, if needed if candidate is ESL
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to own shares in SkyFire Energy as an employee shareholder
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Accrued paid vacation and sick days
- Diverse, challenging and interesting opportunities
- The opportunity to work among highly qualified, industry leading professionals in a collaborative working environment
- The difference of working for a Certified B Corporation
- An enjoyable, modern workplace, including significant flexibility and other benefits like the ability to bring a well-behaved dog to work with you
North York, Ontario.
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job 08 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.