ABOUT THE COMPANY
This company offers a range of products and services to Residential, Commercial, Institutional, and Industrial building projects. It is the main distributor of Coverlink – by Ferro Corporation for the Cork Spray products in Canada and is an authorized applicator and service delivery partner of Kemper Systems’ waterproofing, roofing, and surfacing systems. They also provide project management services for custom projects.
You will be working with a group of highly motivated and energetic young technocrats coming from a solid background in the construction industry with business and technical acumen.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an opening for a Cork Sprayer/ General Labourer located in North York, Ontario.
- Prepare spraying equipment.
- Clean and prep surfaces using processes such as removing coatings, filling cracks or otherwise preparing surfaces for application, as well as tarping and taping areas not being sprayed.
- Review and touch up finished surfaces as needed to produce an equal tone and ensure quality of work.
- Report production issues and assist in resolutions as needed.
- Clean and maintain machine, tools, and personal protective equipment.
- Ability to understand and read and interpret material safety and datasheets.
- Understanding of drawings, sketches, and/or blueprints is a benefit.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
- Work environment requires physical movement including walking, standing, and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Use of PPE, including safety glasses and safety boots required
- Exceptional detail-oriented focus combined with a keen eye for flaws.
- Ability to work independently and perform daily tasks in accordance with the work schedule, good verbal and listening communications skills.
- Ability to quickly identify the proper tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Abilities to handle things on time.
- Commitment to safety and quality.
- Understanding of how to use hand tools such as scrapers, drivers, wrenches, sanders, etc.
Additional Job Assets:
- Health and Safety awareness
- First aid
- Hazardous materials testing
- Working at height
- Building envelope degradation training
- Cork Spray training certified
- Off site and on-site training
- Preparation – masking, taping, power washing
- Knowledge of the product, technical details
- Best practices in construction
- Language courses, if needed if candidate is ESL
North York, Ontario.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.