ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a global engineering consulting firm specializing in Climate Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Building Performance. They bring a wide range of experience and skills together to develop a better, holistic solution for their clients. The company shares a fundamental dedication to earning the trust and exceeding expectations.
They are committed to upholding and strengthening all dimensions of sustainability—social, economic and environmental – in their own work on behalf of clients and in their own operations.
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey that takes you to new heights, literally? Do you have a passion for traveling, a love for working outdoors, and a desire to explore breathtaking vistas while pursuing a rewarding career? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The company is seeking an accountable individual to join its Air Emissions Testing team as a Field Technician – Air Quality and Emissions
- You’ll be planning and executing technical aspects of air testing projects. Your skills and problem-solving abilities will be put to the test daily as you troubleshoot and maintain cutting-edge and not-so-cutting-edge equipment. You’ll be consolidating data to generate reports with the support of your technical teammates.
- Travel and Adventure: Pack your bags, because you'll be setting off to various locations, from bustling cities to remote wilderness areas, to support various projects. Get ready to explore the beauty of different landscapes while you work.
- Scaling Heights: This isn't a desk job! You'll be comfortable working at heights, whether it's on rooftops, towers, or other elevated emission-emitting structures. Safety is a top priority, and you'll be equipped with state-of-the-art gear and training.
- Team Collaboration: You'll be part of a close-knit team of professionals who share your passion for adventure and technical excellence. Together, you'll conquer challenges and celebrate successes.
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development: Stay updated with the latest advancements, trends, and best practices in the field of emissions monitoring. Attend conferences, seminars, and training programs to enhance knowledge and skills. Seek opportunities for professional growth and contribute to the knowledge base of the organization.
- Post-secondary education in Environmental Technology or Instrumentation Technology.
- Preferably, a minimum of 1-year experience working in the Air Quality field.
- Ambient monitoring experience is an asset.
- Strong computer and analytical technical “hands-on” skills.
- An aptitude for practical problem-solving.
- Field/site experience is a definite asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people and team skills as well as being highly motivated.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with no supervision.
- Exceptional organizational capabilities, coordination, and consultation skills.
- Willingness to travel, and work outdoors including working long hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Collect samples at locations that may require working at heights and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- The ability to perform manual tasks.
- Ability to work on several projects at once and proven ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for attention to detail to ensure a high degree of quality assurance and quality control.
- A valid driver’s license.
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job ID #68 when you apply.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
Iron & Earth’s training programs are funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.