ABOUT THE COMPANY
This is a 100% employee-owned company which installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. They specialize in designing and installing solar electricity (photovoltaics), solar hot water, solar pool heating, and wind energy.
The company is an experienced photovoltaic installer in the Lower Mainland of BC having installed systems generating more 1,200,000 kWh of clean power and preventing over 38,000 kg of greenhouses gases. They have also facilitated funding for a reduction of an additional 340,000 kg of greenhouse gas emissions.
The company is a member of the BC Sustainable Energy Association, the Canadian Solar Industries Association, the Canadian Workers Coop Federation, and the Canada Green Building Council.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for an Electrician & Solar PV Installer. The position is located in Vancouver, BC work from home, and travel mainly within Lower Mainland, sometimes further in BC.
- Electrical installation, maintenance and repair of solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, solar pool heating, and solar thermal systems.
- Installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings.
- Installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work.
- Completing solar site assessments.
- Preparing solar assessment reports and quotes.
- Helping design solar PV systems.
- Customer relationship management
- Licensed Electrician (prefer Red Seal)
- Training and/or experience installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other) preferred.
- Driver’s license (class 5 to drive company van).
- Computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office preferred.
- Comfortable working on roofs.
- Fall Safety training or ability to complete.
- Physically fit (able to carry heavy object 30-50 lbs, use ladders, climb on roofs).
- Experience with project management also helpful.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Training for some of the above may be possible for the right candidate
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITON
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
Iron & Earth’s training programs are funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.