ABOUT THE COMPANY
This position is with an experienced and well-respected company in the rapidly growing renewables and energy storage market, having completed over 10 MW of installations since being founded in 2016. Their main focus is on custom designed solar installations in Western Canada for residential, commercial facilities, farms and Indigenous communities.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a full time position for a Solar Project Coordinator based in Calgary who can manage multiple projects and engage with clients. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual, with outstanding growth potential. The employer is committed to sustainability at all levels of the organization, and believes that the success as a company depends on the success of every team member.
The right candidate for this position will be a highly motivated self-starter who can learn the basics of solar PV installations, use the company’s software program to model solar installations and coordinate project details. The Solar Project Coordinator will work with others within the office, as well as the people in the field to ensure that each job is completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinating solar PV and battery storage projects with multiple stakeholders including the utility, electricians, suppliers & customers.
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing the highest quality of customer support through phone, e-mail and in person communication.
- Duties include supporting the sales team, project management, documentation, permitting, procurement, inspections and final project close out with each client.
- The coordinator would also provide technical assistance to field personnel.
- Additional job duties may include designing solar PV quotes and social media posts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be very organized and detail-oriented, and be able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Previous project coordinator / management experience will be seen as an asset
- Previous solar experience will be seen as an asset.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
Iron & Earth’s training programs are funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.