ABOUT THE COMPANY
This is a dynamic and forward-thinking company dedicated to advancing the realm of water sports through the creation of high-performance electric surfboards. They are committed to innovation, sustainability, and pushing the boundaries of aquatic recreation to develop cutting-edge solutions for water enthusiasts.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a skilled and motivated Composite Technician to join their team in Montreal and play a crucial role in the manufacturing of state-of-the-art electric surfboards that seamlessly integrate technology and nature. As a Composite Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the manufacturing process of our electric surfboards..
- Composite Material Preparation: Skillfully prepare and manage composite materials such as fiberglass, carbon fiber, resins, and adhesives, ensuring precise measurements and impeccable mixing for optimal outcomes.
- Mold Preparation: Assist in the meticulous preparation and upkeep of molds for surfboard production, ensuring cleanliness, accurate application of release agents, and mold durability.
- Lamination Process: Apply composite materials to molds using an array of techniques, including hand layup, vacuum bagging, and infusion, guaranteeing uniformity, alignment, and robust structural integrity.
- Quality Control: Diligently perform quality checks at various stages of the manufacturing process to identify and rectify any defects, guaranteeing that each surfboard aligns with our stringent standards of performance and aesthetics.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement: Collaborate seamlessly with the design and engineering teams to explore innovative composite techniques, materials, and technologies that can elevate the performance and sustainability of our electric surfboards.
- Safety and Compliance: Maintain unwavering adherence to all safety protocols and guidelines throughout material handling, preparation, and manufacturing. Ensure unwavering compliance with industry standards and regulations pertaining to composite manufacturing.
- Documentation: Thoroughly maintain accurate records of materials used, process parameters, and quality control measures. Contribute actively to the formulation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency and repeatability within the manufacturing process.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience in the handling of composite materials and manufacturing processes, preferably within the marine or water sports sector.
- Technical Proficiency: Familiarity with an array of composite materials such as fiberglass, carbon fiber, epoxy resins, and related manufacturing techniques.
- Keen Eye for Detail: Exceptional attention to detail and an unyielding commitment to producing top-tier products.
- Problem-Solving Acumen: Proficiency in diagnosing issues that may arise during the manufacturing process and implementing effective resolutions.
- Team Collaboration: Strong teamwork and communication skills to harmonize with cross-functional teams including design, engineering, and production.
- Adaptability: Willingness to embrace and adapt to new technologies, processes, and materials as the industry evolves.
- Safety Emphasis: Consistent adherence to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a secure working environment for oneself and fellow team members.
- Passion: Genuine enthusiasm for water sports, sustainability, and contributing to the growth of a dynamic and innovative company.
The company is resolutely committed to diversity and inclusivity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
Iron & Earth’s training programs are funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.