ABOUT THE COMPANY
The employer specializes in sustainability design and offers a a diverse range of services, design consulting and project management solutions.
The company team excels in wearing multiple hats, offering expertise in sustainable building design, energy modeling, analysis and optimization. They possess the knowledge and experience to guide clients through the intricacies of sustainable design, ensuring projects align with the highest environmental standards. Additionally, their proficiency in building contract agreements streamlines the process, providing valuable insights and assistance in navigating contractual requirements.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a fully remote position as a Passive House Architectural/ Engineering Technologist. The ideal candidate will be an Intern Architect or senior Technologist with about 5 years of experience who has strong Building Science, Construction Documents, design, and visualization skills and is flexible and versatile and who has knowledge of all phases of project completion and outstanding visual and verbal communication skills, in English, and in graphics.
Meeting the Net Zero and Passive House Standard requires diligent planning. That planning is done using Digital Design incorporating Data collection. The building components and materials properties information are inputted into virtual models (both 3D and spreadsheets) and used as a design tool for architectural and engineering decision making in the design of buildings. The skills required to incorporate all these components in a virtual space for translation into a physical space requires the nimble combination of science, technology, communication, and presentation.
- CAD drawing and skills
- Gathering and organizing information
- Energy modeling
- Using various software platforms
- Assessment of product technical information Skills required
- Advanced Spreadsheet skills
- Communication / Teamwork skills
- Assessment / Troubleshooting skills
- Research skills
- Logical solution finding abilities
- Innovative solution finding abilities The environmental aspect of the position is reflected in a low carbon and energy efficient built environment.
- Buildings contribute 45% of the Carbon emissions in North America. The buildings that the candidate will be exposed to will reduce carbon emissions by 90%.
- Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology or Building Science / Civil Engineering or Environmental science / studies.
- 3+ years of experience in an architectural practice.
- Strong organizational, creative and presentation skills.
- Proficient in AutoCad, and or Revit, and or Sketchup and or Rhino or equal.
- Construction Document and Integrated Sustainable design experience is appreciated.
- Strong written and verbal as well as visual communication skills are essential.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident and under 30 years of age.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.