ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company seeks to advance Canada's energy industry and economy while reducing society's environmental impact through solar power and renewable technology. It is headquartered in Edmonton, AB with locally operated offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
They focus on the design and installation of residential and commercial solar projects, energy storage, Tesla Powerwall installation, electric vehicle (EV) chargers, off-grid solar, as well as general electrical services.
One of the company’s founders was recognized by Edify Magazine in 2022’s Top 40 under 40 for not only being career oriented but also being heavily engaged in the community, and “taking solar power into its own hands”.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for an Apprentice Electrician- 1st Year/ Starter located in Edmonton, AB.
- Interpret construction drawings.
- Install solar power systems.
- Work with a team to execute various electrical projects.
- Interconnect electrical devices and conductors.
- Follow guidance of others.
- Improve procedures and practices with critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Have blue book, or the desire to become an electrician.
- Passion for solar power or sustainability.
- Desire to learn and improve.
- Integrity and accountability.
- Willing and able to work in outdoor conditions, at heights, and able to lift 60lbs in awkward positions.
- Be extremely hard working and have willingness to solve problems.
- Familiar with the use of power tools.
- Clean driver abstract.
- Fall Arrest training.
- Solar PV experience (in class or hands-on).
- Residential or commercial electrical experience.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate.
- Experience with small teams
THIS IS A JOB OPENING POST
This position is posted by Iron & Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, once hired by the employer.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers, members of underserved communities (list or not?) to diversify their skills into the net-zero sector.
NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Introduction /overview of the renewable energy sector. NZP offers a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands on training. We will assist you for the first 6 weeks of your employment onboarding with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their résumé/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please mention Job ID 52 when applying.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.