ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company seeks to advance Canada's energy industry and economy while reducing society's environmental impact through solar power and renewable technology. It is headquartered in Edmonton, AB with locally operated offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
They focus on the design and installation of residential and commercial solar projects, energy storage, Tesla Powerwall installation, electric vehicle (EV) chargers, off-grid solar, as well as general electrical services.
One of the company’s founders was recognized by Edify Magazine in 2022’s Top 40 under 40 for not only being career oriented but also being heavily engaged in the community, and “taking solar power into its own hands”.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a Residential Sales Representative located in Edmonton, AB. As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for driving sales growth, building strong customer relationships, and meeting sales targets. You will play a crucial role in identifying new business opportunities, nurturing leads, and closing deals. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a passion for sales, and a proven track record of achieving sales goals.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through prospecting, lead qualification, and networking.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers to understand their needs and provide tailored solutions.
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations to showcase the features, benefits, and value of our products/services.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and implement effective sales strategies and tactics.
- Meet and exceed sales targets, including revenue goals, product/service quotas, and customer acquisition objectives.
- Develop and maintain a strong sales pipeline, accurately forecasting sales and reporting on sales activities.
- Negotiate and close sales contracts, ensuring customer satisfaction and long-term business relationships.
- Continuously build product knowledge and stay updated on industry trends and competitor activities.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support throughout the sales process and beyond.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing and customer service, to deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and networking opportunities to expand business reach and stay connected to potential customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven sales experience 2+ years in a target-driven environment.
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding sales targets and quotas.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to engage and influence potential customers.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems and sales tools to manage and track sales activities.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service and achieving sales goals.
- Knowledge of Electricity and/or renewable energy and its market dynamics is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required and possess a valid driver's license (if applicable).
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.