ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company seeks to advance Canada's energy industry and economy while reducing society's environmental impact through solar power and renewable technology. It is headquartered in Edmonton, AB with locally operated offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
They focus on the design and installation of residential and commercial solar projects, energy storage, Tesla Powerwall installation, electric vehicle (EV) chargers, off-grid solar, as well as general electrical services.
One of the company’s founders was recognized by Edify Magazine in 2022’s Top 40 under 40 for not only being career oriented but also being heavily engaged in the community, and “taking solar power into its own hands”.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a full-time Structural Engineer based in Calgary, AB.
As a Structural Engineer, you will play a vital role in the design, analysis, and construction of safe and efficient structures. Working closely with the multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for designing structural systems, performing calculations and analysis, preparing construction drawings and specifications, and ensuring compliance with relevant codes and regulations. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented problem solver with excellent technical skills and a passion for delivering high-quality structural designs.
- Perform structural analysis and design for a wide range of projects, including buildings, bridges, and other structures.
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications, and reports in accordance with project requirements and industry standards.
- Utilize structural analysis software and tools to model and simulate structural behavior.
- Conduct feasibility studies and evaluate the structural integrity and performance of existing structures.
- Collaborate with architects, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure coordination and integration of structural designs.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and drafters.
- Review and approve construction documents, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to assess construction progress and address any structural concerns.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements, and relevant codes and regulations.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables.
- Participate in project meetings, providing technical expertise and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Structural Engineering (Master's degree preferred).
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is required.
- 2+ years of experience in structural engineering, preferably in a specific industry/sector.
- Strong proficiency in structural analysis software (e.g., SAP2000, ETABS, RISA) and AutoCAD.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant codes and standards (e.g., ACI, AISC, ASCE).
- Experience with building information modeling (BIM) and Revit is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to perform complex calculations and simulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey technical information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality designs.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.