ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company seeks to advance Canada's energy industry and economy while reducing society's environmental impact through solar power and renewable technology. It is headquartered in Edmonton, AB with locally operated offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
They focus on the design and installation of residential and commercial solar projects, energy storage, Tesla Powerwall installation, electric vehicle (EV) chargers, off-grid solar, as well as general electrical services.
One of the company’s founders was recognized by Edify Magazine in 2022’s Top 40 under 40 for not only being career oriented but also being heavily engaged in the community, and “taking solar power into its own hands”.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a detailed oriented and highly organized Project Scheduler based in Calgary, AB to support its project management team.
As a Project Scheduler, you will play a crucial role in supporting the planning and execution of projects within the organization. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules, coordinating with project managers and team members, and ensuring that project timelines are adhered to. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, organizationally and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Develop and maintain project schedules using project management software and tools.
- Collaborate with project managers, team leads, and other stakeholders to gather project requirements and establish project timelines.
- Define project milestones, deliverables, and critical path activities.
- Analyze project dependencies, constraints, and risks to identify potential scheduling conflicts and propose mitigation strategies.
- Monitor project progress and update schedules as necessary to reflect actual progress and changes in project scope.
- Conduct regular schedule reviews and provide timely reports on project status, including any deviations from the planned schedule.
- Coordinate with project team members to collect and consolidate project status updates and ensure accurate reporting.
- Facilitate schedule-related meetings, such as project kick-offs, progress reviews, and resource planning sessions.
- Identify and communicate schedule risks and opportunities to project stakeholders.
- Support project managers in resource allocation and optimization to ensure efficient project execution.
- Provide guidance and support to project team members on project scheduling best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively; ability to present information at a high level of detail when needed; ability to influence others when needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure under close supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in project management, Electrical engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a project scheduler or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in using project management software and tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera, or similar).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess project data and make informed scheduling decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and standards (if applicable).
- Certification in project management (e.g., PMP, CAPM) is a plus.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.