ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company seeks to advance Canada's energy industry and economy while reducing society's environmental impact through solar power and renewable technology. It is headquartered in Edmonton, AB with locally operated offices in Calgary, AB and Kamloops, BC.
They focus on the design and installation of residential and commercial solar projects, energy storage, Tesla Powerwall installation, electric vehicle (EV) chargers, off-grid solar, as well as general electrical services.
One of the company’s founders was recognized by Edify Magazine in 2022’s Top 40 under 40 for not only being career oriented but also being heavily engaged in the community, and “taking solar power into its own hands”.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist based in Edmonton, AB to join the company’s finance team.
As an Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial transactions of the organization. You will be responsible for accurately processing and recording accounts payable and receivable transactions, ensuring timely payment and collection activities, and maintaining accurate financial records. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses strong analytical and communication skills.
- Process vendor invoices, verifying accuracy, approvals, and appropriate coding.
- Prepare and execute timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions, resolving discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor records and respond to vendor inquiries and concerns.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure proper documentation and approvals for payments.
- Generate and distribute customer invoices accurately and timely.
- Monitor and track customer payments and follow up on overdue accounts.
- Conduct regular customer account reconciliations.
- Investigate and resolve customer billing discrepancies and issues.
- Collaborate with sales and customer service teams to address customer inquiries.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records and documentation.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Prepare various financial reports and analysis as required.
- Assist with audits and provide supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant accounting regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Proven experience (3 years) in accounts payable and receivable roles.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with renewable energy or related industries is a plus.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.