ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a global engineering consulting firm specializing in Climate Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Building Performance. They bring their wide range of experience and skills together to develop a better, holistic solution for their clients and hav a fundamental dedication to earning the trust and exceeding the expectations of their clients.
The company’s mission is to build a better world by helping their clients to solve some of the world’s most complex and critical engineering challenges. To accomplish this, they are leveraging modern software technologies and unique the company’s engineering expertise. Their products help protect the environment, create safe and inviting spaces, enable design of structures whose strength and beauty will last for generations, all while revolutionizing the way the whole industry operates.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an opening for a Software Developer, Software & Tools who can work remotely and be part of the company’s ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, engineers, product and software developers If you love technology and strive to make a difference, this employer is keen to hear from you.
- Participate in end-to-end product development process all the way from discovery, design, prototyping and validating till building, launching and maintaining production software.
- Have an opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of challenges, including web application development, cloud automation for high performance computing tasks, various automation tasks, and state of the art scientific code modeling.
- Work on various technologies that are part of a multi system of products.
- Use required technologies to support, maintain and upgrade code.
- Participate in various redesign and reimplementation of existing components of the company’s software solutions, provide technical leadership, coordinate delivery priorities.
- Evaluate complex technical data, develop recommendations, resolve technical issues of various complexity.
- Work with other groups on project-wide efforts
- At least 2 years of professional software development experience under your belt and comfortable with building software as part of a fast-moving team.
- Experience working in a small, dynamic team or at an early-stage startup, comfortable with rapid change, and have developed skills for embracing it. Rapid prototyping, learning, iterating, and even throwing code away is something that excites you.
- Experience with web application development, as well as cloud-centric workflows and DevOps, is considered an asset.
The company endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.