ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. They value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Their vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
They offer an enjoyable, modern workplace, including significant flexibility and other benefits like the ability to bring a well-behaved dog to work with you.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a Calgary or Edmonton-based full-time Solar Specialist, Commercial Projects familiar with the Alberta markets with an active network of suitable prospects to engage. Your main role is to drive the growth of solar energy projects within the commercial and industrial (C&I) sector for the business. You will be responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities, building relationships with clients, developing strategic partnerships and taking these complex sales across the finish line.
The successful candidate will be responsible for discovering and qualifying new business opportunities and expanding business with current customers. In addition to being a qualified and competent sales professional, the successful candidate will have demonstrated a high level of organizational aptitude and ambition in previous roles.
- Help to build and foster a client-centric sales environment that is focused on new business development, retention and relationship development.
- Qualify new business opportunities for overall fit with the company’s value proposition.
- Maintain key relationships and accounts among commercial, industrial and home builder segments.
- In conjunction with the VP, Business Development, develop and maintain, a business plan and strategy that ensures attainment of commercial revenue goals.
- Identify opportunities for growth and increased profitability within the areas serviced by the company by securing new contacts and driving new business.
- Develop individualized sales strategies specific to each opportunity and provide guidance and direction to internal stakeholders (e.g. engineering/estimating).
- High level design and estimating/quoting of residential and C&I systems to enable quick turnaround of indicative pricing.
- Able to host events, speak at public seminars and forums, act as an ambassador representing the company in an official capacity at events on an as needed basis.
- Be a trusted colleague and catalyst for positive change.
- Sales experience in construction, renewable energy or similar sector.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to respond in a fast-paced environment managing several opportunities and both internal and external expectations concurrently.
- Energetic, passionate and driven towards success (embodies a psychology of achievement).
- Motivated to identify and qualify good prospects and close deals in excess of $1M.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of sales processes.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and maintains excellent follow-through and follow-up.
- Expertise in client-centric and solution selling approaches.
- Superior communication skills.
- Uses good judgment at all times.
- Maintains integrity at all times.
- Follows through on commitments, keeps others informed of progress, addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Works effectively with and among co-workers, prospective customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Superior customer service skills, including excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Post secondary education and a minimum of one year of experience in the renewable energy industry (ideally solar PV) as a sales professional would be considered highly valuable assets.
- Computer fluency - exceptional competencies with CRM (Salesforce) spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel), word processing (Google Docs or Word) and presentation software.
- Experience with First Nation and Métis communities and projects is an asset .
Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.