ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. We value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Our vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
ABOUT THE JOB
The company is looking for a full-time Warehouse Assistant based in Calgary, Alberta. In this role you will be working with an experienced team in a fast-paced environment on exciting opportunities, both large and small, that make positive impacts in the communities with which we work. You will experience an enjoyable, modern workplace, including organized staff events and benefits like the ability to bring a well-behaved dog to work with you.
The candidate best suited to this position will have the ability to efficiently and effectively manage a consistent, and at times heavy workload, while thriving in a self-directed work environment. The candidate will have warehouse experience and competencies, and the ability to work with other team members in a professional and personable manner. The candidate will be a reliable self-starter, and needs to have prior forklift experience.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for renewable energy and the renewable energy industry; along with progressive workplace experience and accountability in a previous role.
- Ensure delivery of goods and material as required for all field and in-house needs.
- Sort and stage materials and components for installation teams.
- Shipping and receiving of goods using forklift.
- Pick up of products / supplies from vendors as required.
- Delivery of products to project sites as required.
- Implement vehicle reactive and proactive maintenance.
- Deal with and rectify any and all discrepancies in orders
- Works with others to meet and exceed overall business strategic goals.
- Assist with any other various duties as required.
- Experience in warehouse environment, shipping and receiving, procurement and/or distribution.
- Forklift training and experience.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines; (doing the right thing at the right time).
- Excellent forklift skills with safe track record.
- Proven verbal and clear, concise written communication skills.
- Works with safety top of mind with all activities.
- Promotes a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations related to purchasing, material handling and inventory.
- Ability to collaborate broadly in a team environment.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Skilled at managing multiple projects, opportunity analysis and decision-making.
- Solar PV installation or warehouse experience
- Electrical installation or warehouse experience
THIS IS A TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.