Following on from their successful 'Technology Transfer Workshop', CanGEA are back again with a new, exciting workshop designed to provide yet more information on the ever growing geothermal industry.
The Geothermal Co-Production Workshop will focus on the viable options for Geothermal/Petroleum energy co-generation. It will discuss how we can offer sustainable conversions of existing Oil & Gas infrastructure into Geothermal energy generation utilizing hot production water resources already at the surface from hydrocarbon extraction.
Some of the benefits of Co-Production are;
• Offset expensive and wasteful water disposal costs
• CO2 credits
• Opportunity to increase well and land value with added profits
• Reduce Taxpayer Orphan Well liability if used in production
• Continue Oil & Gas royalties from wells that continue to produce
• Create jobs and retain employees
• Clean usable power and heat to remote locations with transmission costs for off grid diesel.
The workshop will run between 9.00am - 4.30pm (MT), and will include topics as diverse as;
- Geothermal optimization of heat and power
- Co-Production Facilities & Turbines
- Heat Transfer Equipment
Reservoir Engineering for Geothermal Applications
To register for the workshop please visit the CanGEA website found here.
Following the workshop will be an informal networking event running from 4.30pm - 6.30pm MT.
This will give attendees a chance to discuss the themes raised in the workshop and share ideas amongst each other. To register for the Networking Session please visit here.