Would you like to make a difference in the fossil fuel industry while also promoting Indigenous workers? Would you like to actively participate in the transformation of the Canadian energy industry?
If yes, you came to the right place. Iron & Earth is hiring a Fund Development Manager to join our fundraising team, and to support our ongoing fundraising and developmental needs.
ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Iron & Earth is a worker-led, non-profit organization that was formed around the lunchroom tables of the oilsands during an oil price crash which resulted in over 100,000 oilpatch employees losing their jobs between 2015 and 2017. We realized that our trade skills were transferable to the renewable energy industry and recognized the urgency of diversifying into these technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB
As our Fund Development Officer, you will work within our existing fundraising team to reach and maximize Iron & Earth’s revenue goals by: developing fundraising strategies, and writing proposals to apply for funding from government departments, companies, foundations, and trusts.
This role is ideal for an outgoing, highly self-motivated and organized person who enjoys being personally involved in all developmental aspects of a growing organization.
- Secure major gifts of $1M+ annually;
- Lead fundraising activities and develop funding strategy;
- Research, prioritize, and create opportunities with funding prospects, including government, corporations, foundations, and sponsors;
- Prepare compelling and effective grant applications, proposals, budgets;
- Manage communications with prospective and existing funders;
- Monthly reporting on fundraising forecasts and cash flows;
- Work with team leads to understand project and program needs;
- Communicate and report the organization's achievements to funders.
PREFERRED APPLICANT QUALITIES
- Strong research skills;
- Highly organized with great analytical thinking;
- Deadline obsessed and detail oriented;
- Excellent storytelling and writing skills;
- Alignment with Iron & Earth’s vision, mission, and philosophy;
- 5+ years proven experience in securing major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, or government, and experience writing Requests For Proposals, Letters of Intent, proposals, or grants.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) certification is considered to be an asset;
Compensation and hours
This is a full time employee or independent contractor position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization.
How to apply
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] .
Please don’t forget to include in your email how you heard about this opportunity.