ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Iron & Earth is a worker-led, non-profit organization that was formed around the lunchroom tables of the oilsands during an oil price crash which resulted in over 100,000 oilpatch employees losing their jobs between 2015 and 2017. We realized that our skills were transferable to the renewable energy industry and recognized the urgency of diversifying into these technologies.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons and people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as, individuals with fossil fuel industry experience.
Are you looking for a role where you will make a difference and contribute to the renewable energy sector in Canada? If you are a performance-driven individual looking to gain a wealth of experience and start a meaningful career in external relations and communications? If so, keep reading! Reporting to the Director of External Relations at Iron & Earth, you will support the organization with a range of marketing and communications activities. You should have interest or experience in digital advertising, content marketing, website development, social media, graphics, blog and podcast creation, and of course a passion for empowering Canada’s cleantech workforce.
Main responsibilities and daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively to implement and execute our digital marketing strategy.
- Write content for our website, email campaigns, newsletters, and social media.
- Maintain and update content on the Iron & Earth website.
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns.
- Support creation of content calendars and communications plans.
- Analyze digital marketing results and provide insights and recommendations.
- Help prepare reports for internal and external use.
- Ad hoc marketing, communications, and administrative support as needed.
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related discipline.
- A portfolio or proven track record of your communications or marketing accomplishments to date.
- Experience with Nation Builder, Sprout Social, and Notion would be an asset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Creative ideas to help Iron & Earth stand out in the modern communications landscape.
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong emphasis on written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation and hours
This can be a full-time or part-time position, with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization. Work hours should overlap with Eastern time zone.
How to apply
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include in your email how you heard about this opportunity. We want to thank you in advance for your interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!