ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Who we are & where we come from: Iron & Earth is a non-profit organization with roots in the fossil fuel industry.
What we do: We create pathways to opportunities in the net-zero economy for fossil fuel workers, Indigenous Peoples, and their communities.
How we do it: Our programs lower barriers to building community-led climate solutions for a sustainable future through engagement, training programs, infrastructure projects, and career platforms.
Where Iron & Earth meet: We have not forgotten who we are, and our new vision sets our sights on who we want to be.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as individuals with fossil fuel industry experience. We truly value every individual and are constantly taking steps to accommodate all individuals in our workplace.
ABOUT THE JOB
Iron & Earth is looking for an Executive Assistant, who will work closely with and reports to our Executive Director. The successful candidate will exhibit good judgment to coordinate, plan and perform office administrative duties to support the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.In addition, they will effectively represent the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to external groups and persons. As the Executive Assistant has access to sensitive information, they must ensure they demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, and loyalty.
- Provide support and a variety of administrative tasks to the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Coordinate executive schedules, calendars and meetings requiring interaction with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Act as the first point of contact for matters referred to the Executive Director, vetting information and providing a course of action;
- Prepare, edit, and proofread documents, and follow up on action items;
- Organize information collection and liaise with senior staff to coordinate information, such as briefing notes and reports;
- Coordinate logistical needs, including meeting preparations, travel arrangements, accommodation, and financial reporting (expense claim and invoice processing) for the Executive Director and Board Directors;
- Maintain the Board meeting schedule and organize meetings and events such as the Annual General Meeting;
- Manage the timely preparation, compilation and distribution of all materials before and after each meeting;
- Attend Management, Board, and other meetings to take notes. Create and distribute meeting agendas.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy;
- A master organizer, detail-oriented, dependable, resourceful, and a good communicator who can build amicable and productive relationships;
- Will be at ease with, interested in, and have experience with renewable energy, green energy, net-zero economy, fossil fuels, or the just transition;
- Demonstrated lived experience working with equity-deserving and/or marginalized persons;
- Mature, positive and presents a professional image both internally and externally;
- At least two years’ post-secondary training in a business, office management or secretarial field, or an acceptable combination of equivalent education, training, or experience in related fields. At least 2 to 3 years’ experience working with Executive Directors, CEO’s, and/or Boards in a senior administrative role;
- Google Suite proficiency and knowledge of project management software such as Notion.
Compensation and Hours
This is a part or full time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization. Work hours should overlap with Eastern time zone.
How to apply
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include in your email how you heard about this opportunity. We want to thank you in advance for your interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!