ABOUT THE COMPANY
This employer believes that renewable energy is the future, and are proud to have a passionate team focused on creating positive change in the world through innovation, commitment to quality, and high customer satisfaction.
Joining the team means you will be on the cusp of one of the most innovative fields, with an organization focused on development and recognition of its people. Solar experience is not required!
The company is committed to empowering teams by creating an environment where everyone, from all backgrounds can succeed. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where differences are valued and celebrated.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Electrical Foreman is responsible for team leadership and solar installation oversight with attention to detail. Responsible for Profit/Loss of individual projects. Preparation, deployment, and management of assigned crew towards successful solar installations and customer delivery are at the core of your responsibilities.
The Foreman oversees a variety of skilled and unskilled labourers and must have the leadership capacity to engage and motivate teams to achieve company and project deliverables. The Foreman fosters a culture of team collaboration, support and success Hours of work for this position are as required, to ensure deadline deliverables.
- Hold daily site safety meetings to embed a team environment centered on successful delivery to the client and mi Energy Corporate values
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as necessary to complete work orders
- Redline stamped permit sets as needed
- Conduct site surveys, manage equipment and supplies to ensure labour continuity
- Manage project labor, seasonal and contractors selected and assigned to project site
- Oversee and mitigate electrical hazards
- Oversee install of grounding systems, conduit, raceways, electrical components, circuit conductors, interconnection, system instrumentation, etc.
- Organize balance of system solar/electrical components
- Plan & perform wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as inverters, solar panels, switches, circuit breakers, monitoring systems, electrical panels, fuses, etc.
- Oversee crew and direct report to ensure panel installs (mounts, rails, waterproofing, etc) to meet or exceed daily/weekly deadlines as projected by management
- Coordinate inspections and full commissioning - Maintain trucks & tools in clean working order
- Conduct Quality Assurance Audits at various stages of installation process
This position is physically and mentally demanding, involving exposure to all elements of outdoor work, ability to lift up to 60lbs, work at heights, manage project timelines workforce challenges to deliver project on time and on budget.
- Results Driven. Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics. Works independently
- Experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High Emotional Intelligence. The capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, empathetically and professionally, particularly in stressful situations. Ability to keep a positive attitude and motivate others.
- Ambassador of diversity, ownership/accountability, teamwork and respect.
- Above average computer skills
- Ensure attention to detail with an emphasis on safety, quality, customer service, and
- Effectively manage all aspects of the construction workflow of the project to drive
- Willingness to travel and overnight stays, as required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading a solar / construction crew
- Must be a certified Master Electrician
Southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on training. We will assist in placing you in paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.