ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in 4 locations across Western Canada. They value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Their vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a full-time Calgary-based position for Electrical Apprentices in their 3rd and/or 4th year to join and grow within the company. They welcome candidates with or without solar experience who are interested in a career in renewable energy. This individual will be self-motivated, energetic, personable, and excited to work as part of a fast-growing company in a fast-growing industry!
- Installation of solar electric systems on various slopes of roofs of residential and commercial buildings.
- Ensure crew and job site safety, including proper use of PPE and Fall Protection.
- Assist in leading quality installations based on system design and specifications.
- Distributing material and solar modules throughout the site, including up and down ladders.
- Using hand tools, both manual and powered, to install racking and modular components.
- Mentorship and leadership of pre-indentured and 1st/2nd year apprentices.
- Helping with site upkeep as required.
- Providing friendly service to all customers.
- Active Electrical Apprenticeship
- Experience with medium and high voltage terminations.
- Be in good health and physically fit. Must be able to carry heavy solar panels and other items up to 60lbs throughout the day.
- Comfortable working on roofs (various slopes), or just a love of heights! Previous roofing experience is considered a strong asset.
- Must be able to work outside year-round in all weather conditions.
- Willing to work out of town occasionally.
- A valid class 5 license, and reliable transportation.
- Looking to join a tight-knit team of like-minded individuals with an owners mindset, and the interest of working towards the common goal of a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
Preferred but not required candidate assets:
- Solar training and/or solar installation certification (SAIT, NAIT, NABCEP, SEI, etc).
- Solar installation experience on commercial and industrial projects.
- Valid Fall Protection training/certification (otherwise provided by the company).
- Experience working on sloped roofs (commercial or residential).
THIS IS A TRAINING POSITION
This position is posted by Iron and Earth. Your interest in this position would involve participating in the Net-Zero Pathways (NZP) Program, if eligible.
The Net-Zero Pathways Program will enable self-identified and engaged Indigenous and fossil fuel workers and their communities to diversify their skills into a net-zero sector. NZP is a 7-week program that provides one-on-one case management, employability soft skills teachings, and engagement with employers to recruit and hire skilled workers seeking reliable employment opportunities.
Week 1: Employability skills training and overview of renewable energy sector. NZP is a fully paid 5-day (including wrap-around financial assistance) employability and employer-based workshop with an overview of the opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
Weeks 2-7: Hands-on job training. We will assist in placing you in a paid on-the-job training for 6 weeks with an employer in the renewable energy industry.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program.