ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Who we are & where we come from: Iron & Earth is a non-profit organization with roots in the fossil fuel industry.
What we do: We create pathways to opportunities in the net-zero economy for fossil fuel workers, Indigenous Peoples, and their communities.
How we do it: Our programs lower barriers to building community-led climate solutions for a sustainable future through engagement, training programs, infrastructure projects, and career platforms.
Where Iron & Earth meet: We have not forgotten who we are, and our new vision sets our sights on who we want to be.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as individuals with fossil fuel industry experience. We truly value every individual and are constantly taking steps to accommodate all individuals in our workplace.
ABOUT THE JOB
Iron & Earth is looking to expand our team by bringing two Case Managers into our Net-Zero Pathways Initiative. Case Managers play an important role in ensuring our participants receive all the support they need as they begin their career transition. As a case Manager, you will manage files for Net-Zero Pathway participants, and provide individualized advice, guidance, and support as they progress through our program.
As we grow as an organization, Iron & Earth is committed to making our programs more accessible to our constituencies. To this end, we are seeking candidates who are fluent in both English and French.
- Conduct initial comprehensive assessments for each person’s work history and needs;
- Create a support system based on the identified needs;
- Personalize the plan created in order to maximize the success rate for our constituencies;
- Implement the career action plan to assure a smooth transition into the the Net-Zero economy;
- Provide proper education on risk prevention to clients, their families and support groups;
- Ensuring beneficiaries are in compliance with program parameters and employment plans;
- Continuously help participants make informed decisions by providing all the information available;
- Promote cost-effective and quality intervention and training options;
- Monitor participant job search and journey in order to further provide advice, guidance, and support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Placement agency/agent experience is required;
- Bilingual written and spoken communication is a must (English & French);
- Proven organizational and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Notion are required;
- Minimum 2 years of Case Manager/Worker experience;
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector is considered an asset;
Compensation and Hours
This is a 40 hour/week contract position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization. Work hours should overlap with Eastern time zone.
How to apply
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include in your email how you heard about this opportunity. We want to thank you in advance for your interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!