ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Who we are & where we come from: Iron & Earth is a non-profit organization with roots in the fossil fuel industry.
What we do: We create pathways to opportunities in the net-zero economy for fossil fuel workers, Indigenous Peoples, and their communities.
How we do it: Our programs lower barriers to building community-led climate solutions for a sustainable future through engagement, training programs, infrastructure projects, and career platforms.
Where Iron & Earth meet: We have not forgotten who we are, and our new vision sets our sights on who we want to be.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as individuals with fossil fuel industry experience. We truly value every individual and are constantly taking steps to accommodate all individuals in our workplace.
ABOUT THE JOB
Iron & Earth is looking for a Business Development Officer to join our Net-Zero Pathways Team, and help us provide training and valuable industry experience to our growing roster of program participants. As our Business Development Officer, you will be responsible for initiating and strengthening relationships with Employers and Community Agencies to create and maintain trusted partnerships, with the goal of developing a robust network of placement opportunities for program participants.
- Responsible for initiating and strengthening relationships with Employers and Community Agencies to create trusted partnerships.
- Educates and advocates for the recruitment of program participants into these organizations;
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes a thorough understanding of regional labor market trends;
- Deepen and expand collaborative relationships with Employers and Community Agencies to create a robust network of placement opportunities for Participants that support Participant outcomes and experiences;
- Work collaboratively with Business Development team members in all regions to create and maintain national and multi-regional employer relationships;
- Develop and implement strategies to improve business development process;
- Identify innovations that can improve business development processes.
- Deepen and expand collaborative relationships with Employers and Community;
- Agencies to create a robust network of placement opportunities for Participants that support Participant outcomes and experiences;
- Establish and maintain connections to and between internal units and external partners with the goal of encouraging an efficient, positive workflow;
- Strategize with partners to develop future roadmaps and explore new opportunities;
- Partner with leaders both inside and outside the organization to collaborate and ensure meaningful results for strategic initiatives;
- Serve as a liaison with external business, partnership, and Indigenous contacts;
- Communicate partner value by quantifying impacts and clearly articulating value
- Encourage partners to understand the organization’s impact on society, the planet, and its longevity and purpose in Canada;
- Evaluate current processes to pinpoint opportunities for increased productivity;
- Establish and continually improve the value framework and communication methodology for effective and efficient partnership communication;
- Identify potential areas of conflict and create proactive solutions, while also resolving existing challenges;
- Innovate using knowledge and awareness of industry trends to identify new opportunities;
- Certificate, diploma or degree in Business Administration, sales or marketing;
- This person must be bilingual;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience (or a combination thereof) including one or more of the following: Experience in relationship building development, Thorough knowledge of labor markets within the assigned region Excellent digital literacy including Case Management Systems, MS Office, MS Teams, internet, social media, and LinkedIn;
- Collaborative with effective ability to establish new relationships, foster trust, and engage with various stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes;
- A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel;
Compensation and Hours
This is a full time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization. Work hours should overlap with Eastern time zone.
How to apply
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include in your email how you heard about this opportunity. We want to thank you in advance for your interest, however, due to the high number of applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We believe in everyone. We see the strength in your unique history.
You've read all this way, you may as well apply!