ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Iron & Earth is a worker-led, non-profit organization that was formed around the lunchroom tables of the oilsands during an oil price crash which resulted in over 100,000 oilpatch employees losing their jobs between 2015 and 2017. We realized that our trade skills were transferable to the renewable energy industry and recognized the urgency of diversifying into these technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB
Iron & Earth is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support effective management of our core operations and initiatives. Flexibility, good judgment and the ability to adapt quickly to the needs of a growing and diverse organization are essential.
- Administer day-to-day operations
- Open and distribute incoming emails and phone calls from stakeholders and worker members
- Arrange planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings
- Develop and monitor administrative policies and procedures
- Coordinate the flow of information internally
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings
- Onboard staff in procedures and in use of current software
- Performs other related duties
- Support the mission of Iron & Earth
- Previous administrative experience
- Strong computer skills including Google Suite
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills
June 10, 2022
This position is being funded by ECO Canada wage subsidy program, which requires the applicant to be:
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a refugee status;
- enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution;
- looking for a co-op position related to the environment.
Compensation and hours:
This can be a full time or part time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization.
How to apply:
If you want to make a change in the world we live in, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by June 10th! Please include in your email how you heard about this opportunity.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons and people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as, individuals with fossil fuel industry experience.